USB-UIRT Forum Forum Index USB-UIRT Forum
Plug-n-Play IR Solution

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Computer to Schedule Automatic IR blast.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    USB-UIRT Forum Forum Index -> General-Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hernandito

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Computer to Schedule Automatic IR blast. Reply with quote

Hello,

I am sure this will be a basic question, but...

I want to be able to have my computer send via the USB-UIRT a code to turn on my television.... I basically want it to be a wake-up alarm. For over 25 years, I have always had TVs that had a wakeup alarm. The new flat panel display I just bought was supposed to have this feature but does not.

Is there a way to have Windows scheduler trigger the IR code to turn my TV on every morning? I guess I would need to have a program that would learn the power signal of my TV and then execute the command based on a schedule.

The unfortunate part is that I have no experience programming and I would not know how to begin doing this.

I saw a program here called AutoHome... but I noticed it is almost 4 years old and I need to run this in Win 7. And it looks to be overkill for what I need.

http://www.usbuirt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=896&highlight=schedule

Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
davidgreem

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can have a alaram in a Tv but to guide it through USB URT can also work with your falt panel display if it supports that feature and need to carry out some settings to do so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    USB-UIRT Forum Forum Index -> General-Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: